Monday, May 19, 2014

Itchy Itchy Itchy

Nothing new work-wise really happened this week cause we´re struggling there, so I decided to fill you guys in on some fun facts about P.
1. We have a new branch President as of like two weeks who is 22 and was baptized a year ago. 
2. P and all the campo around it is flooding, and so the mosquitoes are WAY bad, when theyre already pretty bad. I am ALWAYS itchy. Literally SO. ITCHY. Including right now I have to keep stopping typing to itch my leg haha. I think I will leave here with scars honestly.
3. Cows and horses just roam around here without owners. Its pretty funny actually. Also roosters. On Sunday I sat down for personal study in the afternoon, totally worn out from the week and the branch and everything, and after 20 minutes collapsed on my desk and fell asleep. I woke up 5 minutes later to a stray rooster continually crowing right outside my window. I sleepily chuckled, got the message, sat up,  and kept studying. :)

Okay so maybe my facts for this week arent all that fun. But they're true! :)

We´re headed to travel tonight to a zone conference with President in Encarnacion tomorrow, and then we´re gonna stay the day there and travel all night again to Asuncion to do paperwork for me on Wednesday. The best part of that is that I get to go to the temple! Except we´re not authorized to enter and do a session. but we get to go to the bookstore there, which to a missionary is like a kid in a candy shop. Im pumped.

Also randomly, I was just thinking about seminary and all the morrisville youth this morning. I miss them all a ton! How are they doing?? Aubs, how are you? Esther? Have the seniors gotten mission calls? I also wanted to say that I cannot express the importance and wonderfulness of Seminary. I just cant. But I am SO GRATEFUL for it. I feel like everything I know about the Gospel I learned in Seminary (no offense, Sunday school). Just wanted to share that! 

Questions/Comments from the Family: 

Are you still taking cold showers?? :( 
nope, miracles happen! (cue music) No but really, little miracles really do happen and theyre the best. I have a little list of them that I just never have time to tell you guys about. One of them is that our hot water fixed itself this week, after another prayer, and has stayed fixed since. hallejulah

Is the food different in Paraguay?
yes, though not terribly different. I prefer argentina by a slight margin

I am curious if you ever write anything in Spanish or if your knowledge is totally verbal. Like could you write a paragraph in Spanish or that would be too hard? Which way do you write the President?
por supuesto puedo escribir en castellano! la verdad es que a veces es mas facil a escribir porque puedo pensar mas en lo que queiro decir. escribo cartas a las otras misioneras latinas en espanol muchas veces. The only thing is spelling, because I know how it should sound but spanish changes spelling irregularly to keep the sound, so I know how it sounds but not how its spelled. But I always write the Mission President in English. Im so glad he speaks it.

Tell us how you are getting used to P.
eh. Well, today in my letter President said "youve discovered that all the world is not as Virasoro is." Well i dang want it to be. No, things are better for the most part, Ive accepted Im here and that things could probably be worse. It is what you make it, and Im trying to make it good! The other missionaries say its pretty different than the rest of the areas in Paraguay

Sister Vega is soo excited that you are now in her home country and learning her native language! She follows your blog regularly.
 sweet, baichepa hermana vega! (no idea if I spelled that right sorry :) spelling in guarani is even worse for me than spanish haha. Shaikwa Ñiandejara ñanderairhi. (hope thats right :)

other matter of business, HAPPY BIRTHDAY KAYLA!!! Youre far too old and no one asked my permission if you could be 14. The answer would have been no. Tell me all about how your day was! There´s a present for you in Dropbox :)

love you all a ton! Praying for you daddy!
-Hermana Rawlins
Notes from personal study this morning
My beautiful feet. Also my beautiful sister missionary foot tan line. 


No comments:

Post a Comment