Hola!
I´m still hanging in
here over in Argentina! I´m so grateful for all of your love and support, like
really. You guys are my anchor. I´m really sorry I can´t respond to everybody
specifically, I´ll try harder but know that I print out your emails and
treasure them all week! I love hearing about everything you’re doing.
I´m way excited for
grandma and grandpa Rawlins! The mtc is one of the best places in the world and
I honestly miss it a ton.
I´m feeling better,
the health concern of this week is that the mosquitoes appear to only like my
legs out of everybody else here. Really I´m the only person with bites even
though I wear repellent and no one else does. I don´t think the mosquitoes are
too dangerous in town so don´t worry.
I love hearing about
everybody´s Christmas and wedding plans!! Christmas here should be pretty nice,
the ward is having a big dinner together the week before, a special sacrament
meeting, then on the 23 the Moraga’s are taking us to some big factory thing
for our pday (preparation
day). The 24 we get to go
to posadas for a devotional with a bunch of the missionaries in the area, and
then the 25 we don´t have any specific plans yet but we asked the Moraga’s what
their traditions were and they said "have the misioneras over" (which
is funny because we´re the first :)
I keep forgetting to
tell you that Hermana Zapata told me she was in the same district as Elder Lugo
in Colombia and that he was a really great guy. Also that padded envelopes
currently don´t count as packages, but that might not be the case forever.
This week has been
both bad and good, as I´m sure is normal on a mission. I´m still trying to hang
in there and have patience with the language, the hardest part is that I feel
like I don´t have a personality in Spanish. I don´t know how to be Amanda in a
different language because I can´t say the things I want to. My companion can
joke around and have better relationships with all the members and I have to
trust that my smile and bad Spanish is enough for them to feel the Spirit and
my love. I know it is, because that´s what Heavenly Father would have me do
right now, it´s just kinda tough.
One thing I´ve been
thinking about is how if Christ wanted to, He could have everybody know about
the Gospel in one mass meeting or however would work best. That feels like it
would be a lot easier a lot of the time. But that is not His way. He works on
an individual basis, showing love to each of us individually. There´s a song
one by one on the youth lds site that I found during the mtc and meant to tell Kayla to look up. It´s been playing through my head the past few days. We are
to do what He would do, and that is to work and walk and sweat for each
individual at a time, inviting them to come to Christ. I´m thankful that He
loves us enough to do that for us, and grateful for the opportunity I have to participate
in His work.
I think that´s
everything I wanted to say for this week! Sorry if I missed questions or left
anything out.
Love you all a ton and
I am so grateful for you!!
Hey I´m working on pictures I´ll try to get you guys as many as
I can!
oh I forgot to
say that there are 11 hermanas coming in on the 18 and so that´s up and coming
and scaring us all because most of them are American and there are only 11
areas for sisters in Argentina now, where they would have to be placed. I would
die if I had to train and neither me nor hermana gonzalez want to leave, so
we´re hoping to get an extra and be in a trio if something really does have to
happen.
| Just landed in posadas! |
| My thanksgiving alfajor - yes I’m really sweaty and disgusting all the time :) |
No comments:
Post a Comment