Monday, March 2, 2015

Availability Not Ability

Questions from the Family:

How are you? I can't believe this is your last transfer!
I'm good and I cant believe it either!!

How's your area treating you?
Well, its not treating me like Paraguay treats its missionaries, but its good. :)

Okay side note, family members being trunky in their emails but trying really hard not to be is one of the funniest things to read. No worries, I know I'm coming home soon. We can talk about it. :) 

on that note, can you guys schedule some doctors appointments for me?? I so badly want to go. Just like the dentist, regular doctor, something to test my thyroid, and something to clean parasites out of my intestines? (haha kidding... sort of.) 

This week's been a good one!!
On Wednesday we got to spend the day with the new hermanas who just came in from the MTC!!! Perks of being an HLC in Posadas. They were all super cute and new and we played games with them and then took them contacting along the coast in Posadas. It was really fun. My favorite parts were when we were practicing a contact with them and the two new american sisters walked up to me and I immediately said hi and kissed their cheeks. They looked so confused. :) Also when they asked me the difference between two sodas at lunch and I told them that one "doesn't have gas in it." After their weird looks I went, "oh, does that not make sense in english... uhh... uhh.. carbonated!! thats the word" If anyone wants soda with gas in it let me know. 

Then at the end of the week it was quite an adventure because we had to move apartments and so all of the office elders and the assistants came to move our stuff. It was an ordeal. But, everyone is alive and the new pension's nice. :)

I thought I'd share a few things that have helped me this week. 

Alma 18: 32-35 
And Ammon said: Yea, and he looketh down upon all the children of men; and he knows all the thoughts andintents of the heart; for by his hand were they all created from the beginning.
 33 And king Lamoni said: I believe all these things which thou hast spoken. Art thou sent from God?
 34 Ammon said unto him: I am a man; and man in the beginning was created after the image of God, and I am called by his Holy Spirit to teach these things unto this people, that they may be brought to a knowledge of that which is just and true;
 35 And a portion of that Spirit dwelleth in me, which giveth me knowledge, and also power according to my faith and desires which are in God.
Also, D and C 81:5-6. 
And this quote from Neal A Maxwell:
"God does not begin by asking up about our ability but only about our availability and if we prove our dependibility, He will increase our capability." 
Love you guys!!
-Hermana Rawlins
me and Andrecito, some giant statue that someone explained the meaning of to me and then I promptly forgot 
I love Posadas!! 
us and the new hermanas! they're all so cute!!
us moving!! ...it was a pain. Actually it literally was, because now I'm really sore. haha.
you know you're in Argentina when... you find this graffiti in the hymnals. #mate

After church, we discovered little kittens trapped inside the motor of a members car and rescued them. It was quite the adventure.


No comments:

Post a Comment