Tuesday, September 30, 2014

Conference Week!

Questions from the family: 

Did you enjoy Women's conference?
yes I did! I asked the Elders like 5 times during the week about making sure they could get it set up in English and well.... I watched it in Spanish. Someone lent me there phone to try and get it working in English last minute, but with the choppy signal, it was easier to understand in Spanish. So I didn't really listen to the first two talks cause I was trying to get it to work, but loved what I heard! I really liked President Uchtdorf's talk. 

That was such a cool story about meeting the Vega's! She was soo happy when we told her. 
haha, everytime I see her Dad he asks, "Do you have any news from Grisel??" And I say, "Its not Monday yet!" :)

How is Abraham this week? (Abraham is the cow outside of their apartment)
Well, Abraham is now named Jeremiah. It seemed to fit him better. We're working on naming his other two friends. 

Will you watch General Conference in English or Spanish? 
well....  good question. If the Elders aren't gonna do anything here to see it in English, I'm gonna go to the Paloma where our HLC is and watch it there. She'll take better care of me :) 

Are you good friends with any elders down there? 
I try to be friends with all the Elders! Within limits, of course. :) But yes, I do have some friends! Theres too many to list but I know about everyone in the mission (I'm like old in the mission now... what??) Elder Prince, who was in my MTC district and helped with stuff there, is one of them. He's a good friend to run in to every now and then. 

What is your favorite part of saltos? 
I dont know, I like it all!!

Some things that I forgot to tell you guys last week is that I have officially eaten cow's tongue and also cow's stomach. The stomach was weird, the tongue was weirdly good but the whole time I just kept thinking about a cows mouth so it was weird to eat. 

Also one fun thing this week was that I went on a division to the Paloma which was a nice break. And the funnest part was that people speak a TON of Portuguese there!! The Hermana I was with was born and lived in Brazil until she was five, so she understands it all and I was just standing there cracking up as people just spoke full out Portuguese to us. I turned to her and was like, "You understand this?!?" I understood about 60-70% of it all, which is pretty good. I'm not sure if I told you guys this statistic that a General Authority told us, but he said that if you can speak English and Spanish you can communicate with 80% of the population of the church. And add to that a basic knowledge of Portuguese and you can communicate with 90%. I'm going for the 90%! :) If I already told you guys that, sorry for the repeat. 

I'm looking forward to this week because we have interviews with President on Thursday and then conference!! It should be a good week. :) 
Sorry this letter stinks, I don't have much to say and I'm kind of stressed so am not writing very well.
But I love you all and I love this work!! I'll be praying extra for Kayla and sending my love her way from here in Salto!!

lots of love,
Hermana Rawlins

p.s. sorry no pictures this week, I had some good ones but the computer's not cooperating and taking forever so I just gave up. next week maybe :)

No comments:

Post a Comment