Monday, July 28, 2014

Tender Mercies

hello famjamily!!

So i´m just feeling very blessed and very happy, admist the regular hardness of missionary work. One of the hardest parts for me right now is just exhaustion. I´ve been doing this 9 months and still have 9 months to go!! its harder right now because our area is super big and super far away. On Saturday we walked for 6 hours straight because not one of the people we planned to visit let us in. And then Sunday there wasnt a bus to our area so we walked there and back and I´m pretty sure it was like 12 kilometers round trip. Someone figure out how many miles that is, but then don´t tell me. But I really don´t have any reason to complain, I´m very blessed and very happy!

Today after we printed out our letters we went to the coast where you can see all of Posadas and read our letters. So it´s like a really sandy and rocky place. I got a little teary eyed reading about you guys and then looked up and a little yellow butterfly was fluttering right along the sand and rocks, like as if it had come right from the water. Since when do butterflies do that?? Well Heavenly Father found one for me and sent it right then. I told Hermana LaPierre about the butterflies, and she told me about how in Navajo culture there´s something called a spiritual messenger. Like her mother in law loved loved cardinals but has since passed away and now all the time at family events they see cardinals hanging around. Well, I think I found mine. I feel like if I had a Patronus, it would be a butterfly too. although that´s not very intimidating...

I´m grateful for this time, because I am coming to an absolute knowledge that Heavenly Father knows me and my circumstances specifically. He requires us to grow and pass through trials, but he also cares for us very tenderly. God is a personal God. 

Thank you for all your love and your support, and thank you for being you.
Oh and I wanted to send my quote of the week
´May we realize how close to us He is willing to come, how far He is willing to go to help us, and how much He loves us.´ -Pres Monson
That pretty much describes all of my feelings right now.
Sending all my love,
Hermana Rawlins :)
p.s. sorry I had pictures this week but I cant send them cause the computer´s being stupid!! I will praise the day I can use a computer without being in a sketchy internet cyber full of angsty smelly teenage boys playing video games and swearing loudly in English. seriously people.

No comments:

Post a Comment