Friday, July 18, 2014

Happy birthday to mom!!! ...and to me!!

First of all Happy birthday mommyyy!!!!! You´re the best and I hope you know how much I love you!! If dropbox likes me there should be a surprise there! I hope I uploaded the right one. If it is the right one, you have to watch it twice. First watching me so its sweet and cute, and then second watching my companion. We watched it again together and died.

And I´m glad you guys got my letters!! I was gonna tell you about them but then decided I wanted it to be a surprise and wasn't sure if they'd make it there. Glad they did!! 

Dad got to talk to you!! That's so amazing. I hope things are working out with all the paperwork stuff. It's kind of nice they do the figuring out for you. It sounds complicated. Keep us posted.
This was the best part of my week!!!! it was sooooo good to hear you even for 10 seconds Daddy!! And to have the Elder tell me in an accent ¨He says he loves you bunches too. hahaha :) I´ve already forgotten my number again so that next time I have to call too :) There´s an office secretary whose only job is doing all of our paperwork, so he figures everything out. No worries.

Sorry you had to leave your area! What is happening with the flooding by now?
yeah, me too. We´re keeping in contact with the members there and it looks like it just keeps getting worse and worse. So I dont really have hope of going back for like two transfers. Which makes me sad!! Pilar was hard but at least it was MINE

So this week, honestly, was probably about one of the worst weeks of my mission. Not because anything particularly bad happened, looking back the days actually had good things happen in them so I can´t complain too much, its just super weird not having an area. We came to encarnacion and moved in ' and by that I mean put our suitcases in a room with a mattress on the floor ' and then after two days they told us they wanted us to move to another pension in encarnation, so we packed up again and moved THERE, and those hermanas gave us a chunk of their area )that they didnt want) so we end up just walking around all day contacting people for them. The area they gave us is the richest part of Encarnacion, so the people dont really care about us. Yesterday we contacted a house by ringing a little doorbell on the gate and then I realized it had a little camera there like in Princess Diaries. I was slightly tempted to smile and wave and hold up a picture of Jesus Christ right into the camera. That, or the"no date" face it all the way. I refrained from either :) So anyway, its not really any fun. Its hard not to have a feeling of 'well what am i doing here then'. Officially the WORST thing as a missionary is not having anything to do. But it´s temporary, President´s said that on Wednesday he´ll tell us what´s happening permanently. We´re not sure if we´ll stay in this divided area or get moved to some other area for the rest of the transfer. We shall see, we shall see. Patience. Patience.
anyway, that´s that. I could be the hermanas from Santa Tome who were in Virasoro when half the town flooded and so are living in Virasoro without ANY of their stuff. So I´m not complaining. too much. :) 

So remember what I said about what we did with the songs for sacrament meeting? Well I wrote about it to President in my weekly email and he said he wanted us to present that in consejo with all of the leaders. So he had Hermana tapia talk for a little about the work she did in Santo Tome and then together we talked about how and WHY we did that, and then for an example I shared my favorite hymn and sang it with hermana anderson. )don´t ask me how, dont know). And then President stood up and said that the reason he wanted us to share that is that more than anything, we need to be 'teachers of the Spirit'. Hermana Anderson said we were the first hermanas to have presented in a consejo. So that was fun!! And the credit still goes to Bishop Ross :) 

And this Wednesday we will be celebrating my birthday in the mission because it´s my 9 month mark!!!!! How super super crazy ridiculous is that??? I can´t believe it, really. I still feel like I got here a week ago and don´t know what I´m doing. But no importa, 9 months!! Apparently the next 9 go by even faster and I´ll be back home before you guys know it. I think I only have 6 more transfers left. Super weird.

and finally, Today I was thinking about these lyrics. 
'The soul that on Jesus hath leaned for repose, I´ll never, no never desert to his foes.
That soul, though all hell should endeavor to shake,
I´ll never no never, I´ll never, no never, I´ll never no never no never forsake.'

That´s a lot of nevers. God is a God of His word.

all my love,
Hermana Rawlins!! 


It was the best seeing Hermana Anderson again!!! 

at least I get to be living with Hermana Trillo!!! She came in with me and is the best. Hermana Anderson trained her 

How we celebrated the 4th of July!! We went to a place called America Grill for lunch. They served things typical of Argentina and Paraguay, but still. Its the thought that counts. :) and then I stayed inside all day with a sick sister. Murica!

this is us at consejo. we were celebrating the birthday of the Argentina Posadas Mission tambien!! One year!!


Today we were just walking down a street in Encarnation and I ran into S from Virasoro!! I could hardly believe it!

No comments:

Post a Comment