Monday, February 10, 2014

disculpame por este belated letter

helloo family!!

Sorry this letter is coming so late, our leaders decided to have us travel to Apostoles for a meeting and activity with our zone there (which we weren´t that excited about) and there wasn´t room in the cyber there so we had to wait until we got back to virasoro to write. But here I am!

So I´m doing well! Transfers are this week but we found out this morning that Hermana Gonzalez and I are staying together here in Virasoro. I´m happy about that, because I really love Virasoro. But it´s also a little hard to think that maybe it´s because the Lord thought I couldn´t train. Which is probably basically true, but I was a little down about that when I found out. It´s the kind of thing where I don´t believe in myself and don´t want to do it, but I do because I want to see that I can, or that the Lord thinks I can. I have little self-confidence in myself as a missionary, but have told Hermana Gonzalez that and so our project this transfer is to help that. Anyway, that´s that. 

 Mom asked if there´s anyone in Virasoro that I want you guys to pray for. I´ll tell you about R.  and M. Her family was the first ones baptized in Virasoro when she was a little girl, but after there were problems and she completely went inactive for years. Her 15 year old daughter has faithfully come to young women´s for I don´t know how long (since she was 12 ha) and so we visited M. when we got here. There wasn´t really any progress so we stopped, until G., the daughter, left for Buenos Aires for vacation, and sent us a message that her mom missed us and wanted us to visit.

So we did, and her husband was there (I literally just forgot the word husband and was about to type esposo oh gosh). He for years has been against the church, and was known to throw books from the church around the house and yell at them or whoever visited. Apparently some poor visiting teachers practically left running from the house sometimes. Anyways, we invited him to sit down with us that time we visited, and the Spirit touched his heart and long story short they´re going to get legally married, he wants to be baptized, and have a goal to go to the temple. The gospel really is about change.

Anyway, the reason I´m telling you this is because we´re having all sorts of paperwork problems for them to get married. Argentina is kind of ridiculous sometimes. So that´d be something great to pray for and we´re excited for that family and the very real changes that we´ve seen in them just from the time we´ve been here. (Also G.  still hasn´t come back from Buenos Aires to see her family saying prayers and going to church together and having family night and everything, so we´re really excited for her to come back to that :) 

One thing I´ve really felt on my mission so far is how grateful I am for you guys and all your love and support. It really means everything. I love hearing from all the people I love back home and really appreciate everything you tell me, your love and encouragement for me, your funny stories, and when you say things in your emails that sound exactly the way I can picture you saying it. Anyway, I just love you all a ton. Enjoy valentine´s day for me!!  I´ll be sending my love for everyone from here, and eat some candy for me!!

Questions from the family:
Do you like the walking shoes you bought? Are they good mission shoes?
Yes I do, the black ones from missionary mall are nice except with the heels (they´re not really heels just arch support) they´re kind of hard on unpaved roads because the ground is uneven. I also wear my other leather pair really often, they work pretty great because I added in the arch support, and they match with the light colors I wear most often in the heat here. I wear the keens the least, they´re not as comfortable for me.

lots of love,

hermana rawlins

No comments:

Post a Comment