Monday, October 21, 2013

In the Swing of Things

It's so good to hear from all of you!

I'm doing well here!! I've gotten more into the swing of things and am still loving it! The worst thing right now is that Hermana Zapata is leaving early tomorrow morning so I have to say goodbye to her and get put in a trio. We're really really going to miss each other and so it's hard saying goodbye because she's just the best. It's crazy how much you can love someone after only 12 days (It's really only been 12 days?!?!)

Elder Oaks was the speaker for the devotional on Tuesday and the best part was feeling a rush of the Spirit as soon as he walked into the room. The Spirit here is just so so incredible. 

It's official that we're moving to another MTC campus, I think next week. Apparently there are some pros and cons to the different campus so it'll be interesting to see how it is! One of the cons being that 12 girls are in the same apartment sharing 2 bathrooms. But I'm happy here and loving it so it's all good! It doesn't sound like my address will change but I'm not sure.

This week we start teaching 2 new 'investigators' and that's still the most stressful thing for me with Spanish so that should be interesting! Also the past couple days I've been nicely reminded that almost all of the Elders here are 18. And I don't necessarily like the way they go about doing some things. But then I was like "wait, compared to all of the other 18 guys on the planet it's really really amazing that they're here". Mostly just working with people in general is hard sometimes cause I like my way and I think it's a good way hahaha :) *but I do have to include an exception to that about the Elders in my district because they're all super mature and amazing and we hermanas are really spoiled having them around.

No word on visas yet! Sounds like I'm in pretty good shape with mine though because two missionaries in my district haven't even mailed theirs in yet (what?!). So yeah I'm not too worried about that.

Have you guys watched the new Mormon message God's greatest creation? It's my favorite thing ever. Watch it!! Also we watched President Uchtdorf's quote about creation and talked about how the more we rely on the Spirit, the greater our capacity to create things. Not necessarily crafts and stuff, but like smiles and good relationships and testimonies. Creativity is the capacity to change-- Creation is improvement. And so as we let the Gospel work in our lives, we are improving and creating better versions of ourselves.

I love you all and I love this work and I pray for you every time I say a prayer! Cause familia is a super easy word to remember :)

Lots of love,

Hermana Rawlins





No comments:

Post a Comment