Saturday, October 12, 2013

First Day!!

On Friday Amanda’s twin, Allison received a letter in the mail from Amanda that she’d written after her first day at the Missionary Training Center (MTC). We loved hearing from her and she sounds like she is doing really well!

FAMJAMILY!!!

I’m writing this super quick before I have to go to bed, but I just wanted to tell you that I’m doing really well! After you dropped me off I went and got my name badge, yay! I love wearing it so much. Then I went and they gave me a HUGE bag of books. Sidenote: They gave all of us going out of the country the Seychelle water bottle that I had already bought – boo-yah. 

Then I went to my classroom and met my teacher, but I only remember one of their names – Hermano Angel. Dad, when he was telling about himself he used “mudarse” and then asked who knew what it meant, and I was like I do! Only because we studied together too J He’s super cool, I can understand his Spanish cause he sounds like Dad, and he talked about how he really feels strongly that his job is to make sure we feel the love of the Lord and are happy as we work hard. 

Then we had dinner and did this teaching experience thing where we (like 30 of us) say and tried to collectively teach 3 different people. It was hard and really showed that as much as you can talk about doctrine and facts and stuff, you end up going in circles until you invite them to come to Christ. He is the only way to salvation and He is the only way to do effective missionary work. 

My companion is Hermana Zapata and she is SO sweet. The two things she says most often are “that is so cool” and “I am so sorry” in a total sister missionary voice. I love it. J She’s going to Bolivia Santa Cruz and was called to the Peru MTC (Missionary Training Center) and then reassigned to the Columbia MTC and then on Friday was told to go to Provo! But the Columbia MTC still wants her to come so if she gets her visa (meaning if the govt. starts back up) she’ll leave to go there and I’ll be most likely in a tri-panionship. Noooo. So here’s hoping she stays cause we really like each other. Her dad’s from Chile, Dad! 

I love my district and zone leaders and everyone so far! I love it here. It’s hard and intense but it feels so good. K I’m out of time. I love you all a ton! My p-day (preparation day) is on Monday so I’ll email then!

Amor,

Hermana Rawlins 

No comments:

Post a Comment